Monday, April 25, 2011

Home comings!

Well...today's blog post is a personal one. I'm not even going to publicize it.  Today, very early in the morning I found out that unless there is an issue with the boat or the composition of the group needs to change for particular reasons, that I'm going on the Canadian boat to Gaza soon! This is it! This is what everything I've been doing has led to...for now. There will always and obviously be more. This is not where I stop! Next year I'll hopefully go to Gaza with the ISM. Inshallah that happens. We'll see, but one way or another I will now go once every year!

But this is big for another reason. I have not been back in the Middle East in 33 years! Yes, you read that right, 33 years!!!  It's a sort of home coming. Although I'm not going to Iraq or Lebanon, it is still a home coming! Can't wait!


~Sofia Smith

4 comments: